Every router has its own IP Address that it uses to access the administrator dashboard especially when it comes to managing and configuring the hotspot device. Most routers depend on 192.168.1.1 as the main login IP. Whenever you type in this IP address on your browser, you will be able to see a login box which is connected to that particular Wi-Fi device.
After logging into your account, you will get quite a number of options to choose from including managing your SSID, monitoring and managing devices or setting your passwords. In this article, we are going to have an insight on how to configure JioFi Dongle by logging into http://JioFi.local.html.
Steps to Configure JioFi Dongle by Logging into Jiofi.local.html
Any person who wants to configure their JioFi Dongle device will have to make do with the simple step by step guide given below.
- You will first have to switch on your JioFi Dongle by pressing the power button.
- Connect your Personal Computer or Desktop to the JioFi Dongle by opening the wireless settings option.
- You will then have to open your browser be it Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer and enter http://jiofi.local.html in the address bar. Alternatively, you can use http://jiodongle.local.html if you own a JioFi Dongle device.
- Press “Enter” button on your keyboard to initiate the search process.
- Next, click on “Login” button after typing in “administrator” as both the username and password.
- A new page will appear on your screen from where you should click on “settings” option. This action will generate a drop down box containing options like internet protocol settings, PIN Management, Wi-Fi Configuration just to name but a few.
- If you want to change the Wi-Fi Network Name, then you should click on Wi-Fi option. You will now get the chance to set up a new name for your JioFi Dongle.
- Anyone who wants to change their password will have to click on “Password” option from the settings tab.
- When it comes to changing the username of your device, then you will have to click on “User Management” option from the settings drop down box.
Sometimes JioFi Dongle users may encounter some problems when it comes to logging into their accounts. In this scenario, you have to reset your JioFi MiFi router. Alternatively, you can decide to upgrade the firmware of the JioFi Dongle before logging into your account.
It is advisable that you configure your JioFi Dongle on a regular basis. This action is very important since it will help in controlling the number of people using your JioFi Dongle. For instance, if you are having network issues due to unauthorized access, then you can simply change the password of your JioFi Dongle. You will therefore have a say on the number of people who are using your JioFi Dongle at a given time. This action will a play a big role when it comes to saving data costs.