Reliance Jio allows Jiofi owners the chance of making video and voice calls to their loved ones. It is highly recommended that you make use of a VoLTE phone if you are to get the most out of this service. Any person who is planning on buying a VoLTE phone can avail themselves physically to the nearest DD Mini store or Reliance Digital shop.
With your portable Jiofi Router that has a Jio sim in it, users can easily make video or voice calls without having to worry about the charges. However, you must provide a proof of identity, passport size photograph and valid address proof in order to get a Jio sim.
Connecting your Phone to the Jiofi device
After purchasing the Jio sim card, you will have to follow the steps given below in order to connect it with your Jiofi device.
- Install the Jiofi Sim card in your phone before switching it on. You will then receive a One Time Verification Pin (OTP) for the main purpose of tele-verification.
- You must then download Jio4GVoice app from Google Play store and install it in your smartphone.
- With the Jio4GVoice app installed, you can be able to make HD video and voice calls using the Jio sim card. Alternatively, you can decide to use a phone that supports 4G LTE.
- Now open the Jio4GVoice app and you will be asked to either connect to a Jiofi device or insert a valid sim card.
- Click on the “Jiofi” option to make calls using your Jiofi device. This action will redirect you to a different page from where you should click on “Wi-Fi Settings” option.
- Choose the SSID and Password of your Jiofi device before typing them in the space set aside for these details.
Activating the Jio Sim Card
- Once you connect your phone to the Jiofi device, you will receive a 5 digit OTP. Enter this OTP in the application that you installed in your phone.
- Run through the process of configuring the Jio device after connecting it to the Jio4GVoice app.
- Tap on the dialler icon to activate the Jio Sim Card.
- Next, call “1977” so as to verify your details by talking with a Jio officer.
- Your Jio Sim Card will then be activated after providing the necessary information.
Making Voice and Video Calls Using Jiofi device
After activating the Jio Sim, you can make video and voice calls to your friends, relatives or even business associates. You will have to follow the steps below so as to make the calls with ease.
- Click on Jio4GVoice app icon to open the application.
- Dial the number of your recipient before pressing the call button. Alternatively, you can scroll down your contact list before choosing the number you wish to call.
Any person who wants to make a video call can also make use of the above steps. However, you must make sure that the recipient is using a Jio network, 4G VoLTE device or a Jio4GVoice application for the call to take place.