Resetting only applies and clicks one’s mind when something has gone wrong with the router. Either forgotten password and username or what to change your device to restrict others from accessing the WI-FI. This are common facts however its always advisable to make changes once you buy the router. this curbs the obvious crimes where one can learn the password and user name as “administrator”.
Forgetting which is no crime also can lead to resetting the router. Jio company the sole proprietor of Jiofi router. Has formulated easy ways to go about the resetting. They have classified the resetting processes from password, to change of SSID. All this applies in the resetting measures; the company’s routers can have this kind of issues without setting Jiofi as the only device.
This where the word hard resetting’s comes in, the device needs this type of configuration in order to curb all issues. This isn’t a difficult task as one can work it out with no professional help. Let’s follow the below steps:
How to hard reset Jiofi router
The process resets all factories in the devices, one has to install new information on the device.
- Pick you Jiofi device and press on the power button
- Jiofi devices are never big to handle as they are portal. Turn the router backwards and remove the cover.
- Inside there is battery, sim card slot, SD card slot and other features as indicated by name.
- Select the “reset” tab which is right next to the WPS button.
- Note each type of router has a reset button placed somewhere. You can google to learn or use the packing to see where it’s located.
- The button is tiny to be press with your figure, use a pin or small object to press the tab. Take care not to crack the button with the sharp object.
- The pressing should take more than 30 seconds.
- Ensure you’re keen on what is happening, the router will blink the lights and by this it will reboot automatically.
- Proceed to connect the router to your PC or laptop. Here enter the link: http://jiofi.local.html on the browser page.
- On the login page you can now configure the router with new details since all information has been deleted.
The above process gives the users chance to set new details without focusing on one detail like password or SSID etc. This doesn’t limit users from resetting one item at a time and avoiding losing all details. Below we have the process of resetting forgotten password.
- Go to Myjio app from your smart device and select the option “use Jio ID”
- Proceed to check for the forgot password option
- Next you’re required to enter the Jio Id then submit.
- The system will generate an OTP which is to be sent to the registered mobile number or email address.
- Key in the OTP for confirmation and with this a new password will set.
Set and confirm the password and from here you can proceed to use the Jiofi device.