Reliance Jio constantly makes adjustments to the key features of its Jiophones in order to increase the ease of operation. These changes may include fixing software bugs, improving looks and adding more features. Unfortunately, you will not automatically get these new features especially if you own and old Jiophone. The good news is that you can update the software of your Jio device once it is made available to the general public.
This action is important especially if you want to get the new changes and improvements. Failure to do so, you might end up encountering technical problems or subject your Jio device to hacking. Below is the step by step guide for upgrading Jiophone device software to the latest version.
- Make sure that your Jiophone has sufficient battery and a strong network connection for completing the gradation process. If you do not have enough power, it is advisable that you connect the Jiophone to a power source.
- Click the “Centre menu” button before selecting “settings” tab from the options displayed in your screen.
- Scroll down the list given using the help of right navigation button until you see the “Device” tab. Here, you will have to select and click on “Device Information” button.
- Now use the down navigation button on your Jiophone to scroll down before selecting “LYF Software Update” option. Upon clicking this button, the Jiophone will automatically start searching for the most recent updates.
If your Jiophone has the latest software updates, you will see a message informing you about this detail. When there is a software that needs to be updated, your Jiophone will automatically download and install it. You need to be patient as the upgrade continues since it can last between 15-20 minutes depending on your Network.
Make sure that your Jiophone does not switch off during the entire process of software download and installation. This is because you will have to restart the process once again. You should therefore have a fully charged Jiophone battery or avoid pressing the “Switch off” button. As soon as the download process is complete, you will be able to see all the latest features which Reliance Jio has released to the general public.
Importance of Updating Jio Phone Software Upgrade
Below are some of the reasons as to why you need to update your Jiophone device software on a regular basis.
- Protect your phone from security threats like hackers and cyber criminals. With an old software, you will continue having the same bugs which will make it easy for hackers to break the codes.
- You will never again miss on new and exciting features which make your Jiophone experience better.
- The speed of your Jiophone tends to improve with a new software. This is because the new features are designed to make the Jiophone better than the previous version
Make sure that you follow Reliance Jio news on a regular basis. By doing so, you will be able to know when the company releases a new Jiophone device software.