I bet you’re pondering the same question as many other users. Is it necessary? What are the benefits and how long will the process take? Actually this topic bears so many questions which are very much answerable. Upgrading gives the notion of having new and improved features in any device. Taking the Jiofi gadget a portable personal hotspot router. The product was launched by the famous Reliance Jio company and has gain numbers who buy it for different internet purposes.
The gadget needs upgrading at some point where new features are installed thus improving the router performance. Jiofi Firmware upgrade also helps in the increase of speed. This being an advantage to the user. Most internet users take the issue negatively as some important settings will be deleted and the process will take long.
However, with new knowledge from this article, users will learn how to upgrade and the benefits of the whole procedure. Few steps are required to full upgrade the devices thus having a quality product for your internet use.
Complications solved by updating the Jiofi firmware upgrade
- Internet stability thus increase of speed and better working for the clients.
- High connectivity
- Reduce issues of router overheating,
- Assist in DNS address
- Settings Improvement.
What are the necessary steps to take before updating the Jiofi firmware upgrade?
Before the process begins one has to check some settings from the router. Without this the process might delay or not work at all.
- User should check for the latest version of the Jiofi before upgrading.
- Check the routers battery ensure it’s full before commencing.
- Ensure you have the default login information which will be required when the router reboots. Don’t upgrade with the details as they will help login to the device.
Process of Jiofi firmware upgrade to the latest version
The process is simple; users need to follow each step to achieve positive outcomes.
- Take the Jiofi router and switch it on, then connect it to your device using WI-FI.
- Proceed to enter the official link on your web browser: http://jiofi.local.html/index.htm
- The system will open the homepage where one has to enter the login details.
- Enter the password ad username to login.
- Next the setting menu will show in the new page.
- From the menu one should select the “firmware upgrade”
- Continue and click on the device software version, here you can assess the latest firmware for the device.
- In check this go to the “browse” option which is under the “software upgrade” from here you can select the firmware.
- Click on the apply button after you have chosen the latest firmware version. The system will proceed and start upgrading.
- The upgrading process will take some minutes and when done the device will automatically reboot.
- When this happens the users is required to hard reset the router to factory settings. this is done by opening the routers back and pressing the reset button using a pin or object since it’s a small button. After this you’re are to connect to the PC and make the changes in the information this being the password, username and the SSID.
- Now from here you can get the latest version from the PC using the settings.